Narooma National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Narooma New South Wales and you are invited.
As a popular tourist destination, Narooma offers a variety of annual events that attract visitors from all over the world. From music festivals to cultural celebrations, there is always something happening in and around Narooma. Here are some nationally or globally recognized events that you might want to check out if you are in the area:
1) Narooma Oyster Festival: Held in May each year, the Narooma Oyster Festival celebrates the region's famous Sydney Rock Oysters. This festival includes oyster shucking competitions, cooking demonstrations, live music, and of course, plenty of fresh oysters to sample. The festival attracts thousands of people each year, making it a must-visit event for any seafood lover.
2) Narooma Blues Festival: Also held in May, the Narooma Blues Festival is one of the largest music festivals in the region. The festival features some of the best blues musicians from around Australia and the world and is a weekend-long celebration of music, food, and fun.
3) Narooma Golf Club Open: For golf enthusiasts, the Narooma Golf Club Open in October is a must-attend event. The championship is open to golfers of all levels and attracts some of the best players from around the country.
4) Narooma Rotary Markets: Held on the fourth Sunday of every month, the Narooma Rotary Markets are an opportunity to browse local wares and food while supporting the community. The markets feature a range of stalls selling everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts and are a great way to spend a lazy Sunday.
5) Narooma Koori Mogo Connection: Celebrated in November, this event is a celebration of the cultural heritage and traditions of Aboriginal people in the area. The event includes cultural performances, food, and art, and is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the local Indigenous culture.
6) Narooma Food and Wine Festival: In December, the Narooma Food and Wine Festival is a celebration of the region's finest food and wine offerings. The festival features local wineries and restaurants, as well as live music and entertainment.
7) Narooma Boats Afloat Festival: Also held in December, the Narooma Boats Afloat Festival is a celebration of all things marine. The festival includes a boat parade, market stalls, and live entertainment, and is a great way to celebrate the festive season by the water.
Overall, Narooma has a range of nationally or globally recognized annual events that cater to a wide range of interests. Whether you enjoy food, music, culture, or sports, there is always something happening in and around Narooma. So, make sure to check out these events during your next visit to the area!